My New Year Resolution


I can hardly believe that 2016 has finally come around. It is crazy how fast each year can go by and how much can happen in that small amount of time. 2015 was a year full of change, heart ache, adventure, and way too much fun! But with every new year there are always things that we hope to be better at or change. Sure, we all make the goals to be healthier, do better at work, save money, etc. But have you ever stopped and thought about a single goal that you really just want to focus on?

This past year I really began to notice that I have a horrible habit of comparing myself to literally everyone around me. Whether it was a sister, friend, blogger, or even the girl that sat in front of me in a class; I was constantly comparing their qualities with mine. I found myself changing in subtle ways to try and become just like them. I was having a hard time being myself and I started to realize how unhappy it made me. So I decided that this year is going to be different.

This year my goal is to simply be myself! No more comparing myself and trying to be like them. Oscar Wilde put it perfectly when he said "...everyone else is taken". We are all unique and perfectly imperfect in our own ways. It took me a long time to remember that and I am making a resolution to not forget it again.

With the pressures of the world and the media to be skinny, beautiful, perfect, and make life look effortless it is super easy to forget that we are children of a Heavenly Father who loves us. He made us the way we are and doesn't want us to try to be something we aren't. Being a beautiful child of God is a great gift that we have all been given and He loves us for being ourselves. Don't change to try and fit the standards of the world, let your light shine and show the world that you can be happy by simply being you!

I know it has been said a lot, but I feel like it is a topic that will never truly go away. My advice for the new year would be to just be yourself! I have already been so much happier and I can't wait to see where this new year will take me! 



Happy New Year!


And don't forget to be-YOU-tiful!






2 comments

  1. This is some seriously sound advice. You're the best Sadie Joy Anderson I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some seriously sound advice. You're the best Sadie Joy Anderson I know. :)

    ReplyDelete